(831) 429-9500 | Email Us

California Guardianship

ca-guardianshipsIf the child in question is not involved in a Family Court or Juvenile Court action the Probate Court can grant a Probate Guardianship. A probate guardianship is when the Court appoints an adult who is not the child’s parent to take care of the child or the child’s property.

The most common people to file for Guardianship of a child include a spouse, adult child, non-custody parent or grandparent, sibling, or public guardian.

For over 38 years the Law Office of Christopher G. Smith has helped clients establish the following California Guardianships:


California Guardianship Services

  • Guardianship of the Person - Appointing legal authority to make decisions on behalf of a child.
  • Guardianship of the Estate - Establishing a manager of a child’s income, money, or other property.


Need help establishing a California Guardianship? We can help. Simply fill out our short online form to get started.

Get Started Now >




The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice or the opinions of this law firm or any of its attorneys.


Contact Us

California Conservatorships & Guardianships
Law Office of Christopher G Smith

1717 Seabright Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95062

(831) 429-9500